Passive Source (SEED) Archiving Documentation
Main Documentation for PASSIVE Source Data Processing (SEED)
step-by-step summary and highlights
illustration of procedure
Appendices Available for SEED Data and Related Software
Building a Batch File for dbbuild: how to generate a batch file for BRTT's Antelope database construction tool, dbbuild, with examples.
Fixhdr Help: detailed instructions for fixhdr, our mini-seed file header manipulation tool.
PASSCAL & Contributed Software Guide: brief descriptions of the software used in data processing and trouble-shooting tips for PASSCAL software.
Appendix A of the SEED Manual contains a brief description of the SEED Format channel naming convention and recommended channel names for PASSCAL sensors.
Trouble-Shooting Antelope Data Processing Software: suggestions for diagnosing and correcting errors output by Antelope data processing software.
Reviewing Waveforms and Datalogger State of Health
Using PQL for RT130 and Q330 Seismic Waveform Data Review: A short doc introducing PQL II usage.
PQL II - Data Viewing Program: A longer document detailing usage of PQL II.
Logpeek: Reviewing RT130 State of Health Information: How to use logpeek and interpret RT-130 SOH information.
Other Documentation - Video
A training video for RT130-to-SEED processing is now available. Based on the 2009 AGU Data Workshop presentation, the video is divided into three, 5-minute segments. Follow along with the text documents for an enhanced training experience.
- Clip 1 discusses batch files and rt2ms.
- Clip 2 demonstrates ckMseed, fixhdr, logpeek, pql, and log2miniseed.
- Clip 3 focuses on a few Antelope commands: dbbuild, dbe, miniseed2days, and mk_dataless_seed. Also mentioned is the PASSCAL ftp program, gui_DoFTP.
- General Information
- Borrowing Equipment
- Equipment Inventory
- Shipping Information
- PASSCAL Standing Committee
- Visiting PASSCAL
- Acknowledgment, Citation, and Logos
- FAQ Bank
- 1-Channel (Texan) Dataloggers
- 3-Channel Dataloggers
- Restoring a Clie
- Quanterra Q330 Datalogger
- RefTek RT 130 Datalogger
- Multi-Channel Dataloggers
- Offload Data
- Grounding when Static is a Problem
- Power Systems
- Sensor Certification
- Sensor Comparison Chart
- Broadband Sensors
- High Frequency Sensors
- Intermediate Period Sensors
- Short Period Sensors
- Field Procedures
- Huddle Testing
- Station Siting
- Seismic Vaults
- Station Installation
- Working with Responses to Get Units of Displacement
- Controlled Sources
- Data Archiving
- PI Home Page
- Experiment Scheduling
- Design Drawings
- Polar Presentations
- Sample Deployments
- Useful Web Links
- Important Hardware/Software Notes