Updating Firmware For Q330's
Upgrading Q330 firmware is done with the program Willard.
- Download the required firmware from http://q330.com/
- Place the firmware into a folder with the name of the firmware (in this example the folder name would be "1.80").
- Note: This is important because all Q330 firmware files are named identically. To keep them separated, they must be stored in separate folders.
Power up the Q330 and connect it to computer via console cable.
Start Willard and select console registration.
Select "No" if asked to create a dataless station.
Select "Firmware Management" from the Configuration menu.
Select the directory with the firmware files. (In this example it is 1.80)
Note: If the firmware in the Q330 is newer or the same as the firmware you are trying to load, nothing will appear in the Download List.
Reboot the Q330 by going to Commands then "System and GPS Control".
Next check the boxes "Reboot Q330" and "Save to EEPROM".
After the Q330 has rebooted, verify the firmware update was successful.
Click the Information menu then "Hardware & Software".
The firmware version is titled "System Software Version". In this example the upgrate to firmware 1.80 was a success.
To downgrade firmware: contact a PASSCAL staff member.
- General Information
- Borrowing Equipment
- Equipment Inventory
- Shipping Information
- PASSCAL Standing Committee
- Visiting PASSCAL
- Acknowledgment, Citation, and Logos
- FAQ Bank
- 1-Channel (Texan) Dataloggers
- 3-Channel Dataloggers
- Restoring a Clie
- Quanterra Q330 Datalogger
- RefTek RT 130 Datalogger
- Multi-Channel Dataloggers
- Offload Data
- Grounding when Static is a Problem
- Power Systems
- Sensor Certification
- Sensor Comparison Chart
- Broadband Sensors
- High Frequency Sensors
- Intermediate Period Sensors
- Short Period Sensors
- Field Procedures
- Huddle Testing
- Station Siting
- Seismic Vaults
- Station Installation
- Working with Responses to Get Units of Displacement
- Controlled Sources
- Data Archiving
- PI Home Page
- Experiment Scheduling
- Design Drawings
- Polar Presentations
- Sample Deployments
- Useful Web Links
- Important Hardware/Software Notes